Yesterday in church Pastor J was going to read the part of John that talked about God sending Jesus. I don’t know about you, but this holiday season, God has been moving like crazy in my heart. So much so that I can feel the world trying to pull me back. I could recite John 3:16 (For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life) to you, almost to the point that I don’t realize what I am saying, but yesterday, I was weeping. I feel so blessed that God called me to Metro. I don’t know what the heck took me so long to give in and make it my church home.

I know a lot of people who say that you don’t have to go to church to believe in God. To a point, I agree with you. I will agree that it is not a requirement. I think that there are times in our lives when it just doesn’t happen. I know that some people do devotionals and bible studies without ever stepping foot in a church. But in my humble opinion, it is necessary to go to church, whether it’s in an actual church, a high school, someone’s basement or a remade over supermarket. I think that you cannot learn every bit of the word of God without people who have been called to speak/teach His word. I know I will probably get hate mail for this one, but oh well.

And so here’s my scripture to back it up. Luke 24:52-53

52Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.

All these people after Jesus ascended into heaven went to the temple and praised God. I am not saying that we need to spend all our time there. I am just saying that going there is a big part of our worship.

I guess I am asking you to consider this year at Christmas. Since Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday, there are a lot of churches that are having morning services as well as evening services. There is a wide variety of services available. I am asking you to pray about where God has a message for you. He sent you a SAVIOR, why not go hear the Christmas Story one more time. And if you live in the Detroit area, and you want to go Sunday this Sunday at either 9:30 or 11:15 to Metro South (that’s my church), you can sit with me, I’d be glad to have you with me.

Comments

Pat said…
I agree - it's better to go to church. That's coming from someone who doesn't go like I should.
Also, isn't this the most awesome, heart-filling, overwhelming, Jesus is Lord Christmas ever?
Becky said…
know what-i missed another one. yes i was there but serving. i plan is to be in there this sunday.
i'm so glad you came
love you!