kids

People who say youth is wasted on the young are nuts. A lot of times I wish that I had the energy of the kids because now I know what to do with it.

And here’s the thing, as elders, yes, that’s right! I am an elder at Fuel! We are supposed to help our kids get where they need to go, and teach them, and in turn, learn a lot.

I have just been… ick lately. I wondered if I was depressed, I wondered if I was crazy, but here’s the thing, I truly believe that satan is trying to get me. Paranoid? Maybe, but it’s happened before, and just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean that people aren’t trying to get you.

There are a lot of things from my past that satan can use, and one of the biggest things is that I think (thought) that I wasn’t good enough for most of my life. And now I am at a new church (new for me) and I love to serve, in a lot of different ways, and I am quite sure that satan doesn’t want that.

But back to the kids. I look at those kids, all of them, the Fuel kids, the leaders, and Adam. And I look at them, and I see how great they are, and I wonder… do they see how great they are? Do they see how beautiful they are? Do those leaders know how great they make me feel when they welcome me? Do they know how much I love them, already? I see what they are, which is just something so awesome, and I somehow see a vision of how God is going to make them greater. I see the Fuel kids, they love God so much, they are open, and honest, and raw with God, and I see how beautiful they are, and I can’t wait to see what they are becoming. And what they will be.

They are blessed beyond what they can imagine, they know God now, they have a relationship with God, now, that means that with time, and love, the relationship they have with Him, will grow greater. They might not have the greatest lives right now, maybe they are reaching out to God because they don’t feel like anyone loves them, and He does. Maybe they have a ton of love at home, and are ready to share it all. I don’t know, and the stories will come, and I will see the love of Christ in each one as I learn their stories.

I prayed today that God would work amazing ways in their hearts. I prayed that Mark’s message would touch the hearts of the children of God. And it touched mine.
I am not sure what is going to happen over the next few weeks, months, or years. But this I know, God has a plan. And I am part of it. And I pray, He continues to use me in amazing ways.

Comments

hippieange83 said…
"People who say youth is wasted on the young are nuts. A lot of times I wish that I had the energy of the kids because now I know what to do with it."

I think that's what they mean by youth being wasted on the young. They have all of the energy and drive, but they don't know what to do with it. That's why it's wasted. If you had "youth," then you could use it to do something that your age and wisdom tells you is the right thing to do, and you would have the energy to do it. See?
Margie said…
i guess i agree with you, but you should see how much those kids do for God. They are AMAZING!
KayMac said…
Margie, how exciting to hear about your work w/ the kids!
Sara said…
you aren't a part of the plan.
you are the plan.
Heather Smith said…
Awesome! I look forward to hearing a lot more about the awesome things going on at Fuel. Oh, and anytime satan tries to remind you of your past, just remind him of his future, and tell him that your past is removed as far as the east is from the west!!