Quincy Jones


I've always been fascinated by Quincy Jones. I don't really know why. I do have every CD I could get my hands on that is in his name, although there is a ton of music out there that he has produced but I just don't know it.


I guess in thinking about getting what we deserve or getting what we don't deserve, I stumbled across his quote below. He's worked some amazingly talented people. Ray Charles, Sarah Vaughn, Michael Jackson (when his freakiness was not so well known), Ella, Frank, Dizzy Gillespie.

I don't know if it's his smile, so warm and inviting, I don't know if it's that I am so jealous of his musical talent. I don't know. I will tell you this, I would probably pee my pants if I ever met him. He will be 74 this year. And I haven't seen a picture of him lately, but I bet he still smiles with his eyes.

He's humble and talented, and wonderful. He said one time "I’ve been in the business 57 years and I’ve seen it over and over again. It’s all about trusting a higher power; believing in divinity. It’s about cause and manifestation. Cause being God’s job, manifestation clearly being our job. The moment success leads you to say, “I’ll take it from here, God,” God’s reply will be, “Be my guest.” And God will walk out of the room. The only way to navigate that road is to have humility and grace. Those are the two cardinal rules. You must approach creativity with humility and have grace when you’re blessed with success."
Isn't that amazing.

Comments

MSU gal said…
it's nice to see a good quote coming from a man who has a lot to be thankful for!