shutting up


The belt of Truth
The breastplate of Righteousness
The shoes of Readiness
The shield of Faith
The helmet of Salvation
The sword of the Spirit

(Eph 6:12-30)

…And the gag to keep me from saying too much

I have a big mouth, I say things I probably shouldn’t… I think I get that from my big sister…

I knew that someone was going to come try to stir trouble, so much so that I told you… I worried about it long before it happened, until God told me, “don’t borrow trouble” but I had this anxiety (I wish I could just say that it didn’t bother me). I often say things that I can’t take back or lose my temper. Then I am sorry.

So today it came about just as I knew it would. Only I held my temper, kept my cool, it was like God had one hand on my shoulder and one over my mouth. It was actually quite peaceful. I simply said “when you have it right, then I will take it, not until then” she was not too pleased with this answer. I don’t really care, but she had known the expectation for well over a month. (I am getting much better at communicating my expectations – thanks, Sara)

I am quite sure that in all the little things satan is trying to get me to slip up. He tries to pull the rug out from underneath me, he knows that I get excited in the little things that means that I also get excited (not in a good way) over the bad things. He tries to steal my joy, but he can’t have it. HA! God is always there, He Rules, forever.

Psalm 145:13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all He has made.

Comments

Sara said…
he does rule! and remember that with every opportunity to lose your joy is the opportunity to keep it; and become that much more like Christ in the process! backward or forward but never still...that's the process baby!
Pat said…
Ahh, the art of shutting up...one that I have not yet mastered completely. But hey sister, at least we're in the process, right!
Good thing that God does rule!!
KayMac said…
Good job...good post!