Standing in the back

Yesterday was my first day at Fuel. It was kind of an observation time. I know 2 kids... yeah, that's it. I like to observe. I was excited and REALLY nervous. I kept asking God - Are you sure?? I actually stood in the back for one of the songs and I was getting misty, thinking that these kids might not even like me, and some of the leaders are probably checking me out, but I have to say that most of the leaders, they were excited to have me (the stupid part of me thinks they were just being polite - one guessed me at 27 years old - ha! and Mac got me a chair (either he has good manners or he thinks I'm too old to get my own... lol...) And thanks to Dean for being there so I wasn't the oldest one in the room.

As I was standing back there, I said, God, You are just going to give me some peace about this, I am REALLY nervous. And as always, He did. Adam was amazing, and I could tell you something fabulous about each leader. I am not kidding, they are great, whoever says that youth is wasted on the young, never saw these kids. The boys just emulate the other male leaders, the girls hug tightly to the female leaders, if imitation is the biggest form of flattery, these kids just think the leaders are the cat's pajamas. And Adam, there isn't a word in the dictionary to describe him fully, so I will quote him, he's "sweet".

I am excited to help one the girls in her quest to get the Word of Jesus out there. She is so excited about the Lord, there are some guidelines (rules) she needs to follow in the school districts and since I am someone who embraces rules, and I can go right up to the line without crossing it, I think I can really do some good. I think that being a part of "Corporate America" and fitting in will really be a benefit. I was actually up at 3:30-4:30 or so thinking about it. I know that I am part of something so much bigger than me. And I am scared, and nervous, and as excited as I can be. I am excited to love and be loved, I am excited to teach, and excited to learn. I know I wouldn't be called unless God was going to use me in amazing ways and make a good work in me. And I feel like I am coming out of whatever funk I was in. I feel like the real me.

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Comments

KayMac said…
Awesome! I can't wait to hear more!
Heather Smith said…
I'm sure that God will use you in a great way!!