being a mom

In all the things I do, I like being a mom most. I like being a mom active in my daughter's lives especially.

We went to see a concert last night at Southpointe. Decypher Down (whoever they are), Fireflight (soon to be a new favorite), Disciple (ah-whatever) and Family Force Five (woo hoo- this is the 2nd time I've seen them).

The concert was great, the kids decided that they wanted to wait for autographs, no autographs until Disciple was done. No offense to Disciple, but for crying out loud, they were really good but I was REALLY tired, and it didn't seem like they were ever going to finish. I was pacing because I was afraid that if I sat down, I was going to be out like a light. They got their autographs, and they even signed my CD - "your a cool mom". Yeah, I know :)

My daughter and her friend and Alexis Card chatted the whole way home. It was great. And I am glad I didn't miss it. Sometimes I get tired of driving everywhere, but usually god revives me in their energy (someone who was in desperate need of glasses last night thought I was 22). I know that someday, my daughter will look back, and she will know that I just didn't tell her I loved her, I showed her. And that is the best gift I will ever give her.

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

(Pictures are Phyllis and Rachel with the girls from Fireflight, Phyllis and Rachel at our grourmet dinner at Taco Bell, and Phyllis with one of the guys (don't ask me which one) of Family Force 5

Comments

Sara said…
you're investing your heart in all the right places. the pay-offs are gonna be huge.
Pat said…
What Sara said times 10. What a good mom you are.
John Cowart said…
As the father of six (all now grown) I can assure you that all the trouble you go to in driving them places is worth the effort.

Endure!