Chaos Abounds


God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful worldas it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

Its crazy around work right now, they made a huge announcement, I don't understand it all. And you know what, I cannot change any of it, I can do my job, I can trust that everything is going to be ok.

I read somewhere that if we stop worrying about the things we can't change, we will eliminate a whole lot of drama. And you know what? The only drama I want in my life if the next chic flick or movie I watch. If you read the beginning of the serenity prayer that I looked up, I saw the rest of the poem and had to include it. How can we go wrong when we are supremely happy in Him?
So while tornados are spinning over my head, I will be that church in Miami, that held it's services, and praises God in a storm, because, afterall, there is no better refuge than the one we seek in Christ.

2 Samuel 22:2-4 He said: "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; 3 my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn [a] of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent men you save me. 4 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies

Comments

Heather Smith said…
Wonderful thoughts! If only we could realize that we need to hand everything over to God!
Jada's Gigi said…
AMen! Praise Him in this storm. and hold on tight..to Him.
Mrs. Mac said…
Keeping your eyes focused on Him, and all else seems diminished.
Tonya said…
Yes Margie, Keep focused on him, and all will be fine! Praying for your place of work Margie, they truly need it.