Happy Valentinie's Day


Yesterday I thought it was ok to do something because if I screwed it up, no one would die.


Every year when my gram lived in her house I would go over and clean all the storms and put in the new screens and my uncle would clean out all the gutters. She was pretty meticulous about the job I did. Except the last year. She would say to me “in 20 years, who is going to know the difference?” When she’s with it, she still says it.


In theory its great advice except for one thing. Love.


You know, in many instances in my life, I could not pick up that card or make cookies and leave them on the ironing board. I could not leave notes in lunch bags or stop and pick up that Vitamin water that Phyllis loves. But when time goes by and people are feeling low, I want them to remember that even in the little things, I love them.


How many times in my life, good or bad, I can say “remember when?”


I think that Jesus lead a life of love. He didn’t just get up on that cross because He felt like it. And as I walk behind Him, I want to spread His love. I want to be remembered because I love BIG.
It’s Valentine’s Day, do you think it’s about stupid flowers, candy, or cards? It’s not. Do I think that a calendar should dictate that you tell the person you love, that you love them? Nope. Do I think that people sometimes need a day to focus on what’s important? Yup.


In 20 years will it make a difference if you show or tell someone that you love them? Yes. Go tell them today, and tomorrow, and the next day… and so on.


You are loved. By me, and by God.


Matthew 22:39 'Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Comments

Sara said…
xos
Jada's Gigi said…
Love matters..love survives...