I'm going to walk


Sometimes God makes decisions about our lives that would not be our first choice. That doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t honor Him, He’s a lot wiser than us. He’s got it all under control.

He made a decision for me a long time ago, about 34 years ago or so… My mother had cancer. She got it when she was pregnant with me. I can only imagine the thoughts and prayers that went up by my mother.

I hate the decision that He brought her home. And to be honest, I could be mad about it, but I’m not. There are times that I am angry because I don’t have a mom to ask or share in person something, I don’t get to see her smile when I am so excited about something that I burst.

Here’s the thing though. I trust that God knew what He was doing. And so after a lot of thought, prayers, I am going to walk in the 3 day walk for Breast Cancer.

You see, I believe there will be a cure, someday. Soon. Where they are now, compared to where they were 34 years ago. WOW! It’s hard to even imagine. Getting breast cancer really isn’t a death sentence anymore. Mothers don’t die. Daughters (and sons too) don’t go without their mothers anymore.

Cancer is an evil force. I hate it. I will walk 60 miles knowing that there are people who have died, and many who have survived. There are many who lost their wives, sisters, moms, and many that won’t have to, because I walked right behind so many others.

There will be many more blogs about my journey, and I’m scared. Scared that I somehow the money won’t come, scared because it’s a lot of training (maybe this will help me on my weight loss journey too since my weight problem isn’t just physical it’s emotional and I can’t go this many miles without wheels under my butt if I am this fat). But one thing I know, is that God never lets us down. We might not always like the decisions that are made on our behalf, but we trust that God’s plan is much grander than ours. I may be scared, but the first scripture I ever learned comes to mind.

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


I wish the breast cancer color was sage or brown, I look better in those colors.

Comments

Sara said…
will be praying!
Tonya said…
I will be praying and pulling for you Margie...
Pat said…
Walk on girl!