I'm the mom!

Have you ever heard God’s words coming out of your own mouth??

You know how I always feel like I struggle to fit in? I answered God’s call, trusting in Him, but thinking just maybe, He’d lost it just a little. I find myself apologizing for “being the mom” at Fuel. My perspective is often different from the other leaders but somehow, sometimes, we still struggle with the same things. I could tell you something awesome about each one of the leaders, and someday I will, but today is not that day.

These leaders inspire me to run after God with all I got, just like they do. And I wonder if they struggle with fitting in, like I do, but today I was on the phone with Tonya on the way home, and I realized (or she helped me realize) that “I’m the mom” no need to apologize… Mom’s aren’t always right… and that’s ok. I am the one who likes to make cupcakes for birthdays, who doesn’t mind rubbing the kid’s backs when they ate onions (raw), ran hard during Freeze Tag, and then went to worship and got a belly ache. I like that when I keep score during a game, I don’t cheat. I am the one who says “be careful” and “how ‘bout we do that over here?”. It’s ok, I’m the mom.

I felt like I really belonged as a Youth Leader at my old church, but I felt like I plugged holes where there was a need, but at Fuel, I actually feel like I got my own spot.

It’s odd to me that sometimes I resist what He wants, what He asks me to do. It’s ALWAYS for the best and works out way better than I could have ever imagined.

Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Silly, huh? That’s what God told me today. He’s amazing.

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
it is so wonderful to find our place in His House! Without 'the Mom" things just wouldn't be complete ...:) Praying you are relaxing as much as possible this week and staying focused on important things...
Pat said…
Being the Mom is a good thing - it took me quite a while to realize the importance of it in my own life when I compared my self to society - but it totally is a good thing. His plans for us are all good, just like His word says.
Now go lay down.
KayMac said…
How exciting to hear how God is using you at Fuel!!!!