'Just a walk across the room'


We're starting a new series at Metro in a couple of weeks, the Uncomfortable series. I am sure it is going to be awesome. I went to the meeting they had for leaders (or hosts) for life groups, and while I am sure that no one will probably show up to my lifegroup (there's doubt again) I am totally excited about this! We watched part of the DVD to give us an example of part of what we will be doing. It's basically about Evangelism. Ah... the E word. I love Evangelism. The 2nd lesson Sunday School at FBC I learned was the great commission, that should be a mandatory "you just became a Christian" lesson - strike while the iron is hot I say.


I'm excited about the new series. This isn't about walking up to someone and screaming "You need Jesus, REPENT, REPENT" it's about the everyday stuff that we can do in our lives to bring us closer to God and bring others right with us. To pull people out of the crap they are in, surrender it all, and give it to Jesus.

I was on the Evangelism Board at my old church, actually ended up Chairman - but I think that was because no one else wanted to be Chairman, we tried a lot of different things, some worked, some didn't. I have a heart for it, but not the screaming part of it, I like the everyday living part of it.

I am sure that some are going to be like "Oh God, please help me, I don't want to do that" but really it's not that difficult, it's about living your life in Christ, and asking people you love to live right along with you, in a world of Grace and Love.

Matthew 28:16-20 16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
I tink Evangelism is a highly overrated word...I like your apporach much better...just live it...:)
Pat said…
Living it is the greatest example, you go girl!
KayMac said…
You will be a great life group leader!
Sara said…
your group will rock!