A life fully devoted


I may get kicked out of Metro for this one, and you may stop reading my blog for this one. But I am going to be completely honest in this one.


I'm jealous of people who live a life fully devoted to Christ. Because I don't always do it. Sometimes I am like a faucet, it's big water, then someone forgot to pay the water bill because there isn't anything there. It doesn't mean that I don't love God and I certainly appreciate what Jesus did, but sometimes I have to go to church to get my battery recharged because I am empty, I don't have anything.


I was driving to church yesterday, well, really, I'm the church (which is a scary thought!), I was driving to the building. Yesterday wasn't the first day we ever had service, that day came long ago, it was the day that Jeremy opened his eyes wide to God's vision. I was a little misty in awe of Jeremy and in really in awe of God.I was a little misty because sometimes I serve out of guilt, I think there is something I can do, there's always more to give, but I don't know about you, but the world really knocks me for a loop Monday-Friday, I spend a whole lotta time fending off them, I spend a lot of time grabbing onto God's hand and not letting the grip go.


I'm not a first generation Christian, but I am the first one who talks about God's love on a regular basis, I am the first one who prays out loud and doesn't used a canned prayer. I am not the only one who loves Jesus, but I am the first one to talk about it. Its not about excuses, but it's difficult. Could you imagine something like eating everyday but no one ever showing you how to cook, and one day 'poof' you're in charge of cooking. Now, loving Jesus is a lot easier than that because we are wired for it, but fighting the world and their hate is not easy. Letting go of other things I am wired for, like sin, is also hard.


I want to lead a life of full on worship, one of full-on love, but to be honest, sometimes that is really hard. I want to live a life like Christ, one filled with love. I think that if I remember that it is all about love it's just that much easier.

1Cor 7:35 I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
You're human ... and "most people" that apear to have it all together spiritually are cracked vessels too. God used the ordinary, the unlovely, the underdog to further his kingdom too. People with life's experiences have much passion about passing the torch ... even when the weeks and days are spent fighting the world, God is still using, little 'ol Margie in Michigan to further His kingdom.
Deb said…
The most awesome thing about being a Christian is God's amazing grace and mercy....His mercies wouldn't be 'new every morning' if we didn't need recharging or refueling or forgiven. We're all in this together --we're all sinners saved by grace. Sometimes we desire and remember to act more like 'the redeemed' than other times! It doesn't make us any less of a Christ follower --and certainly is no reason for us to be kicked out of the church. :)

Are you familiar with Twila Paris' song, The Warrior is a Child? In it, she speaks of people looking at her as having it 'all together' --when she is just a child in the arms of her Lord --running to Him for comfort and reassurance. We're all His kids!!