Memories

I am going on a scrapbooking retreat in March, I understand that it sounds completely dorky. To others. It sounds like heaven to me. My girlfriend called and asked me if I wanted to go, the answer, "of course". I have been going through the recent pictures on the computer that I haven't printed off yet, and Walgreens was nice enough to have a sale, $.15 per pic. But in the time of going through pictures, I decided, well, I think God put it on my heart, to make a scrapbook of my Gram for my dad. So I headed over to my dad's house and got 4 photo albums, 1978-through the 80's. It was pretty amazing to look through the pictures. A lot of memories that I had forgotten (that sounds wierd). I have a lot of memories of my gram saying mean things to me, but I forgot all the fun times we had as a kid. I had forgotten how her eyes sparkled when I was around, how her eyes always sparkled when family was around, I forgot how much we all sparkled when she was around.



Comments

Sara said…
i loved this! i hope you keep sharing your pictures as you get ready for your retreat. p.s. yes, you are a dork. ;)
Pat said…
Notice how Grams hand is always touching someone? Pretty special. There's love in that touch.
Thanks for sharing - the scrapbook is going to be a perfect gift.
Tonya said…
Thanks for Sharing Margie...It is so cool to look at memories of old pictures.
Sara said…
i keep coming back to smile at little margie and grams!
KayMac said…
Wonderful pics!!!