Obese!






What do you think of when you think obese? do you think of that 500 lb person you see on the news that they have to get a crane to get out of the house? Do you think of me? You should. Now thankfully I don't need a crane to get out of my house but I do need to stop "thinking about my weight" and actually do something about it.

I joined Weight Watchers on Saturday. there is no way I can walk 60 miles with this much weight on me, well maybe I could but it would be more difficult. This isn't the first time I am doing something about my weight but I hope its the last (meaning that I make better choices and don't gain the weight back!)

I wonder why if I've been so scared of dying at an early age, why I let myself get overweight. Risks of obesity are great. Dying early, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, liver disease, vascular diseases, breathing problems, and you guessed it, CANCER.

So I've begun my journey, it's going to be difficult but I can do it. I hate being fat!
The first map shows the obesity levels in 1985 and the 2nd... in 2005.

Comments

Pat said…
I hear ya loud and clear!
I just finished eating my last Girl Scout cookie - it's time to take charge of my eating again. I'll be praying for you and I'd appreciate it if you'd do the same for me!
Mrs. Mac said…
Sad state of being for the USA. Hope you have success with WW. That Pat, she's already scoping out her local Dairy Queen for a Blizzard and wants you to pray for her ... better pray real hard (lol).
Sara said…
i say we all pray for each other. i got an educational mailing the other day for nurses and the title? DIABESITY! ha!
Pat said…
Nice Mrs. Mac, nice.