One Nation


Isaiah 10:13 For he says: " 'By the strength of my hand I have done this, and by my wisdom, because I have understanding. I removed the boundaries of nations, I plundered their treasures; like a mighty one I subdued their kings.


I was watching Remember the Titans last night. It's probably one of my most favorite movies, I love football, just don't get the time to watch it, and I also love feel good stories. I could watch that movie over and over. I always cry.

There's something I just don't understand, though... how do people hate because of the color of skin? My dad had friends who were every nationality, every race. And it didn't make a bit of difference to me, I guess it's pretty easy to see the best in people if you look at their heart, not their skin. I used to take Phyllis to work with me when she was little, there were 3 guys there, she referred to them as the "brown face guys", it was so cute, she loved them so much, Kwame, Delano, & Lawerence. She thought they were the cats pajamas. She couldn't remember their names, that's just how she referred to them, with no malice. She just loved to see them every week.

My heart aches when I watch that movie, because there are still people who judge based on the color of skin, there are people who get the job because of the color of their skin, and people who don't for the very same reason. It's sad. Here's thought, how about we look at potential, their heart, and their skills, there is a novel concept.

We're all one people, our skin is a different color because of where God put us on the planet to adapt to the different elements. It was His protection for us. He loves us all the same, and we should do the same.

2 Chronicles 20:6 and said: "O LORD, God of our fathers, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you.

Comments

Sara said…
amen.
Heather Smith said…
I totally agree!
KayMac said…
I was raised with a variety of ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds as part of the "norm". However, I find that my heart, apart from God, still is prejudiced...while not towards race---I am amazed at the things that surface in me, unkindness, superiority, anger...things that divide me from my brothers and sisters in Christ vs. creating unity.

thanks for the post and thanks for the reminder.