Smiles for Everyone


To tell you that I am stressed, would be an understatement. Not only do I have a ton of thoughts going on in my head, someone offered to buy our Corporation (a very scary thought), I'm going to Mexico and need to get my passport (and do all the things that are necessary to get that accomplished), I have 10 accounts and it seems like all of them are requiring something RIGHT NOW, I almost missed a much needed lunch with my girlfriend but I didn't, because of a conference call. I feel guilty because I can't work at the building more, I feel bad because I can't make a meal to send over to Pastor J's family - I just don't have the time!


On my way back from lunch, I stopped at Walgreens to get my picture taken by a woman who was not thrilled to see me (check!). Now, I know that if I can't win that woman over... for 10 years I am going to have to look at an ugly passport picture. Sooo... She had some cute glasses on, and you know what? I told her! I told her that she had cute glasses, there was almost a flood when the ice melted off her heart and her BEAUTIFUL smile appeared. And I have a beautiful picture, she was smiling, we started talking about God and the bible, and before you knew it, I was smiling (check check!!).


Attitude is everything, we can walk around crabbing about how Sara ordered this crappy weather OR we can make our own sunsine!


Job 9:27 27 If I say, 'I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression, and smile,'

Comments

Heather Smith said…
Great post! I've been facing work stress lately too, but like you, I've decided to count my blessings and SMILE!
Sara said…
i'm glad you're working on your attitude, but you ought to think about having that passport photo you posted retaken. ha!
Pat said…
What great teeth little piggy has! I wonder what dentist he goes to?
Mrs. Mac said…
Do I sense a bit of Pollyann emerging from Margie now??? You're being very positive about life and work today.