BIG!


Sometimes I feel so small and sometimes I feel like part of the big picture.


Last week (and the week before) I felt small, and weak. I felt run over by a bus. Thus, I feel like I wasn't used in any way. Even Saturday I was sitting across from a dad of someone from Phyllis's school and I had the PERFECT opportunity to talk to him about Jesus, and I didn't know what to say. And the funny thing is, that I DO KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!


I am determined to be part of the big picture this week. I started by asking God to fill me up, to give me strength, and I had a DUH! moment (I know that 'the O' calls them "ahhh moments but for me it's more like DUH! moments). I know that everyday is a constant surrender over to Him. I know that if I want to be used by Jesus, it means that my heart has to be open to it. So I started my week off by telling God that I needed His strength, to give me Joy, and a peaceful week. And DUH! I feel better already.


I'm excited to see how God is going to use me this week, and maybe I won't see the end results, but I am excited to be used... and if you see a "Death of religion" card in the gas pump handle, it was me...


1 Peter 3:13-18 If with heart and soul you're doing good, do you think you can be stopped? Even if you suffer for it, you're still better off. Don't give the opposition a second thought. Through thick and thin, keep your hearts at attention, in adoration before Christ, your Master. Be ready to speak up and tell anyone who asks why you're living the way you are, and always with the utmost courtesy. Keep a clear conscience before God so that when people throw mud at you, none of it will stick. They'll end up realizing that they're the ones who need a bath. It's better to suffer for doing good, if that's what God wants, than to be punished for doing bad. That's what Christ did definitively: suffered because of others' sins, the Righteous One for the unrighteous ones. He went through it all—was put to death and then made alive—to bring us to God.

Comments

Sara said…
may you be BIG in all the right places! xos