Check In


I weigh in today. I have no idea how I did this week. I don't check the scale at all during the week. I try to do my best and then Thursday comes and I pay the piper (WW) and roll the dice. Last week I stayed the same. Which was probably good because 1) I was getting a little too cocky & 2) I didn't eat that great.

I've been really stressed lately. I have been trying to keep it under wraps which just means that I become more stressed. It's about a lot of little things. The funny thing is that if you know me, I don't keep it under wraps too well anyway. I feel like I have a million things coming at me all at once like in a Chuck Norris movie and I am trying to deflect them all, but now, I'm tired...

I have been trying to throw myself into the God's arms instead of praying for Him to wrap around me (I just came to this realization). I know that God will take care of everything, if I only would get out of His way... I guess, there's my lesson... I'll check in with WW later.
Deut 11:21-28 18-21 Place these words on your hearts. Get them deep inside you. Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder. Teach them to your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning until you fall into bed at night. Inscribe them on the doorposts and gates of your cities so that you'll live a long time, and your children with you, on the soil that God promised to give your ancestors for as long as there is a sky over the Earth.
22-25 That's right. If you diligently keep all this commandment that I command you to obey—love God, your God, do what he tells you, stick close to him—God on his part will drive out all these nations that stand in your way. Yes, he'll drive out nations much bigger and stronger than you. Every square inch on which you place your foot will be yours. Your borders will stretch from the wilderness to the mountains of Lebanon, from the Euphrates River to the Mediterranean Sea. No one will be able to stand in your way. Everywhere you go, God-sent fear and trembling will precede you, just as he promised. (msg)
Here's the song that's in my head today...
Hold Fast by Mercy Me
To everyone who's hurting
To those who've had enough
To all the undeserving
That should cover all of us
Please do not let go
I promise there is hope
Hold fast
Help is on the way
Hold fast
He's come to save the day
What I've learned in my life
One thing greater than my strife
Is His grasp
So hold fast
Will this season ever pass?
Can we stop this ride?
Will we see the sun at last?
Or could this be our lot in life?
Please do not let go
I promise you there's hope
You may think you're all alone
And there's no way that anyone could know
What you're going through
But if you only hear one thing
Just understand that we are all the same
Searching for the truth
The truth of what we're soon to face
Unless someone comes to take our place
Is there anyone?
All we want is to be free
Free from our captivity, Lord
Here He comes

Comments

As I was reading your post for the day, I quit reading and immediately did a scripture search of all of the verses that contained diligently...that is something that has been on my heart for a while now.

You are right..there is Someone to take our place when things are going wrong..when nothing seems right and even though the sun is shining outside all you can see is darkness. Thank God for Jesus! He's on His way!!!
Margie said…
I broke even again at WW. AND I STUCK TO IT!!

If I don't lose next week, I'm quitting.