church


Growing up I never understood why people liked to go to church. I never understood having a personal relationship with Jesus. I got the basics that God is always there, but a relationship... no.

I missed "church" on Sunday. Satan tried to stop us and sent us back to the high school - (whatever, you big dork, hit the road - you can't stop us!) but we'll be back in the grocery store before you know it! It was just one of those things, I couldn't schedule around and so I missed it. I never like to miss "church" (in quotes because Pastor J says that we're the church). Whenever I hear someone say to Pastor J "I missed church" his answer is always the same "you missed an awesome service" and yesterday was the first time I ever heard him say that... to me. I laughed inside because even when we were on Luke 2, for 3 weeks, I thought each service was better than the week before.

When it comes to the service, I don't do much, I basically just show up (sit in row 4, seat 209 if we are in the HS or row 4, dead center in the building) and bask in God's glory. But one thing I do is I get closer with God. I learn more things I need to change about myself to get that relationship. I am understanding this "church" thing a little more.

I can't wait to go to "church" this Sunday, I am sure there will be an amazing lesson to be learned, and I am quite sure, I won't want to miss it.

1 Cor 4:17 For this reason I am sending to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church

Comments