Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Perception


Perception can be a killer, at least a mood killer.

I got all upset about something, totally internalized something BUT I HAD IT ALL WRONG!!!! And so being somewhat smart (usually after the fact of being an idiot) I decided to talk to my friend about it. And… let’s just leave it at the fact that I had the wrong perception.

I never realized that people could have the impression that I don’t have time for them because I am so busy that I have to whip out my calendar to see if a date is open. If they realized how much time I spent alone not doing anything they would probably be amazed. I am usually REALLY busy Monday-Thursday but then I never have anything to do weekend nights…

I am busy, but sometimes I would like to be busy hanging out with my friends instead of running errands. Sometimes I only have a couple hours but I would rather spend a couple hours hanging out with like, Tonya, than going to the grocery store (for real, we have 2 weeks of food in our freezer and pantry).

I am asking God for wisdom on my perception of things. So that I see the real truth, not an issue that stems from my own insecurities.

Those lessons just keep on coming…

Psalm 119:25 I'm feeling terrible—I couldn't feel worse! Get me on my feet again. You promised, remember? When I told my story, you responded; train me well in your deep wisdom. Help me understand these things inside and out so I can ponder your miracle-wonders. My sad life's dilapidated, a falling-down barn; build me up again by your Word. Barricade the road that goes Nowhere; grace me with your clear revelation. I choose the true road to Somewhere, I post your road signs at every curve and corner. I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me; God, don't let me down! I'll run the course you lay out for me if you'll just show me how. (msg)

4 comments:

Pat said...

Just remember, possession is 9/10 of the law....Oh, that's perception you wrote about, not possession!
I have to lighten it up because not only am I perceived wrong most of the time, I also perceive others wrong...
Great post, misconceptions or perceiving things incorrectly is often caused by insecurity - Lord deliver us and let us be secure of who we are in you.

Amber Land said...

Love this post, I also have a perception issues. This is just one of the many areas I need work in.

Tonya said...

Margie,,,, I sure hope that the friend that told you how it looks to them when you whip out your calendar is still loved....(SMILE)..I am sur they did not mean it in a harsh way, please know that...

Margie said...

I know that it was meant in a loving way!!