Perception


Perception can be a killer, at least a mood killer.

I got all upset about something, totally internalized something BUT I HAD IT ALL WRONG!!!! And so being somewhat smart (usually after the fact of being an idiot) I decided to talk to my friend about it. And… let’s just leave it at the fact that I had the wrong perception.

I never realized that people could have the impression that I don’t have time for them because I am so busy that I have to whip out my calendar to see if a date is open. If they realized how much time I spent alone not doing anything they would probably be amazed. I am usually REALLY busy Monday-Thursday but then I never have anything to do weekend nights…

I am busy, but sometimes I would like to be busy hanging out with my friends instead of running errands. Sometimes I only have a couple hours but I would rather spend a couple hours hanging out with like, Tonya, than going to the grocery store (for real, we have 2 weeks of food in our freezer and pantry).

I am asking God for wisdom on my perception of things. So that I see the real truth, not an issue that stems from my own insecurities.

Those lessons just keep on coming…

Psalm 119:25 I'm feeling terrible—I couldn't feel worse! Get me on my feet again. You promised, remember? When I told my story, you responded; train me well in your deep wisdom. Help me understand these things inside and out so I can ponder your miracle-wonders. My sad life's dilapidated, a falling-down barn; build me up again by your Word. Barricade the road that goes Nowhere; grace me with your clear revelation. I choose the true road to Somewhere, I post your road signs at every curve and corner. I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me; God, don't let me down! I'll run the course you lay out for me if you'll just show me how. (msg)

Comments

Pat said…
Just remember, possession is 9/10 of the law....Oh, that's perception you wrote about, not possession!
I have to lighten it up because not only am I perceived wrong most of the time, I also perceive others wrong...
Great post, misconceptions or perceiving things incorrectly is often caused by insecurity - Lord deliver us and let us be secure of who we are in you.
Amber Land said…
Love this post, I also have a perception issues. This is just one of the many areas I need work in.
Tonya said…
Margie,,,, I sure hope that the friend that told you how it looks to them when you whip out your calendar is still loved....(SMILE)..I am sur they did not mean it in a harsh way, please know that...
Margie said…
I know that it was meant in a loving way!!