a day in the life...


Usually every weekend is packed solid with a bunch of stuff, starting Friday night and going well into Sunday. The only thing I had planned this weekend was to have lunch at the local Taco Bell with some friends from our old church. We get together every 3rd Sunday. It's a standing appointment. We don't try to pick a date in the future, we don't get out our calendars. 3rd Sunday, with the Burtons. It's one of my favorite times of the month. The funny thing is if you know the story of me & Alice Burton, you would never in a million years think we would have ever been friends, and now, I trust her with the most important thing in my life, my girl Phyllis. I'll save that story for next third Sunday.

But anyway... This weekend has been sort of relaxed. Phyllis babysat on Friday so I went and hung our at Casa de la Mink and had chicken salads & then waited for Phyl to be picked up. Yesterday, we did some shopping, we went for her and the funny thing (which hardly ever happens) is that I walked out with 2 shirts. And then we went to see Disturbia. It was great. I would definitely recommend it if you like suspense movies. There's not a whole lot of gore, a few parts here and there, but it's SCARY!! Totally worth the price of admission.

Today, is another day of sitting around, I need to do some house cleaning but I am going to scrapbook. I did a few pages yesterday (and doctored up some old pages) and I am going to do some today, my goal is to get caught up for 2007 and do at least 4 activities in other years.

Have a good day. Relax and enjoy doing 'nothing'.

Psalm 116:7 (msg) I said to myself, "Relax and rest. God has showered you with blessings. Soul, you've been rescued from death; Eye, you've been rescued from tears; And you, Foot, were kept from stumbling."

Comments

Sara said…
go to church before you start doing nothing!
Pat said…
Sounds like a sweet weekend.
Love that picture!
Margie said…
yeah, Sara, like I'm going to miss church, that's like not brushing your teeth :)