HA!

I'll tell you something... I am 34 years old, and God teaches me over and over...

I wanted to be a leader of Alive. I love working with the Youth. But over the last couple weeks, God really put it on my heart, "Not now". I almost laugh when Jeremy preaches about people who need to step up and serve. That's not my issue, really it's not. Sometimes I use serving as a way to avoid going deep with people. I serve like crazy. I love serving God, I know that I can't make it up to Him for dying for me, but I love Him to know I love Him and I would do anything for Him.

So, I had to tell Adam, "sorry, I don't think I can do it, I got too much going on" and I really felt like God was telling me that I would be overwhelmed and could not do it all right if I did Alive too. I trusted in Him, and so I did what He said.

Tonight I went to learn how to use the word program at the building. It's not hard, but different that what I usually use. I picked it up. There is someone who does the words a lot, and so we decided to split the responsibility. I feel like this was EXACTLY what God wanted me to do. Being at Alive, the kids will see me around, a lot of them already know 'of' me and I will get to worship God in serving, but not being overwhelmed. It's a small commitment.

It's funny how I just needed to get out of my own way, let God guide me, and I ended up right where He wanted me. He's amazing, don't you think??

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Comments

Good for you! Learning to listen to God is not an easy thing for most of us, but far more successful than any other thing we can do.
Jada's Gigi said…
Totally amazing. and I loved your day in the life doggie picture..:)
Sara said…
tell you what, you can serve for me! lol
Margie said…
Sara... as if you don't serve... but don't worry, I can pick up slack where needed... just don't interfere with my nail appointment, that just won't do.
John Cowart said…
"Mary hath chosen the better part".