Happy Non-Secular Holiday

I was on a conference call and someone said at the end "Happy Non-Secular Holiday & have a good weekend".

This made me crazy. And being the person that I am, I wasn't quiet about it. I said (and I quote) - "you get this day off because of Jesus". And then they were like "don't go there" and even though I am not a "hell, fire, and brimstone" kind of Christian, I think sometimes people need a good bible thumping on their heads.

This holiday isn't about a bunny and some jelly beans, and an insane amount of chocolate. It's about a Father who loved us SO much that He covered us in grace, His Son's blood. It's about a Savior who told God "Forgive them for they know not what they do". It's about JESUS.

Good Friday to me meant an extra day off, and as a kid, I didn't even know why. I know why now. And it's a little (ok - a lot overwhelming) as someone who nevers feels like they deserve it to be covered in Grace. Honestly, until a couple years ago, I didn't even know what grace was, I just knew there was a song.

So, tomorrow, if I don't see you, Happy Easter. He loves you.

Salvation is here.

Comments

Pat said…
Happy non secular holiday? That's just an invitation to me to set that person straight!! Good for you Margie - I'd have been right behind you cheering you on!
Sara said…
salvation is here and he lives in me!