Well, duh!


Phyllis is on track (running). This mother, in a million years, never would have thunked it.

As a mother of a daughter who had JRA (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis), I honestly never thought the day would come that she would do more than T-ball or softball (and even then, sometimes she batted and someone else ran for her). It's just the way it goes. She has talents in so many other things, I was ok with it. But she decided to try track, it's a no cut sport, and she really gave it her all. She has chin splints and her knee began to swell up.

This is probably normal for someone who does not do the whole sports thing. Get it checked by the doctor and be good with it. Here's the thing, there is nothing normal about me and my worry. We already had a doctor's appointment scheduled for the 20th. I was going to cancel it but now have decided to keep it, get this thing checked out, run some blood work, make sure the ol' RA factor is where it's supposed to be - nothing.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't worried or concerned. It was a tough fight. A really tough fight. A fight fought on my knees. I believe that God healed her. I believe she was delivered from this. But it still has me concerned, I'm her mom, and I love her.

I didn't want to say it in my outloud voice because I thought that if I did, somehow, this might come to fruition. How dumb is that?! And besides, I know God heard my heart before I prayed the prayers outloud anyway. I asked one person to pray for her, and then I asked my life group, and so, I have now decided, because I will not let my fear take over, to hand it over to God, and to ask that you pray. Pray like crazy (I know your prayer lists are long, but it's a short term thing- only until the 20th). Keeping something to yourself, doesn't make it go away, rather it festers inside and causes stomach aches, it helps satan win. I know the power in prayer. I know that God answers them. And He will answer this one.

I know better than to keep something this big inside. Fear is a terrible thing, God can deliver us from anything, He's shown us a million times, and He will show us a million more.

Isaiah 65:24 Before they call, I will answer
WW update... I gained 2, overall, still down 9.4

Comments

KayMac said…
our lists are not too long to be praying for your precious girl. consider it an ongoing thing.
Pat said…
What a wonderful girl you have - you know I'll be praying...without a doubt!
So we're all in the same ww boat after Easter - this is a new day, and you've done great so far!!
Amber Land said…
I will pray for her. As for you keep on keeping on. Remember how good it feels to see that you've lost weight. Just a little bump in the road.
Sara said…
prayed, and will continue.
I will pray. She's gonna be just fine. RA is just a name, but Jesus is the name ABOVE ALL names!
Pat said…
Arlene-
Powerful comment!
Mrs. Mac said…
Fear of the unknown can be so debilitating (sp?) ... Praying for you to be delivered of such fear and that all tests come out normal. Have a blessed day.