Tonight was our Fuel Fundraiser, if you turned out, thank you. If you prayed for it, thank you, if you helped, thank you. (A VERY special thank you to Allison Brown!!)
I cooked for the whole thing (with the exception of some noodles & Steve's famous cheesecake) for the dinner. Ham, cheese potatoes, green beans, mostacolli, potatoes, meat balls (from scratch), and dessert.
There are many times when I don't feel like I belong, that I am not cool like the rest of the leaders, but tonight, God used my talents for His glory. Being broke has it's rewards. I cooked A LOT of food for not a lot of money. And I loved it. It was fun!! I know, doesn't sound like fun, but it WAS! (And Sara, Mac knows how to wash floors).
Yesterday, I posted that I am just one. But I am one in the great body of Christ, and He chooses to use me at Metro in numerous ways. I am in love with Jesus, and I am in love with those awesome Fuel kids and leaders. It reminded me of an email that I got once that talked about all the people God used in the bible, I listed it below.
Romans 8:28 God works for all those who love Him (and He loves ME!! - and you too!)
The characteristics of great people God used in the bible.
1. Noah was a drunk!
2. Abraham was too old!
3. Jacob was a liar!
4. Leah was ugly!
5. Joseph was abused!
6. Moses stuttered!
7.Gideon was chicken hearted!
8. Samson was a long-haired womanizer!
9. Rahab was a prostitute!
10. Jeremiah and Timothy were too young! (like the Fuel kids!!)
11. David was a murderer!
12. Elijah got depressed, and was suicidal!
13. Isaiah preached naked! (glad Jeremy doesn't do that!)
14. Jonah ran away from God, and must have smelled terrible!
15. Naomi was a widow!
16. Job went bankrupt, lost all his children, and then had to live with a nagging wife!
17. Peter denied Christ, and cursed!
18. The disciples fell asleep praying, and then abandoned the Lord! (Yikes, you know how many times I've fallen asleep praying??)
19. Martha worried about everything! (me too!)
20. Mary Magdalene was ...well, you know! (hello, I'm a single mom!!)
21. The Samaritan woman had lived with six different men, without marriage!
22. Zaccheus was too short!
23. Paul was a religious zealot!
24. Timothy probably had an ulcer!
25. Lazarus was Dead!