Memorial Day Weekend

I didn't think I had anything to post. it's a long weekend, and I am ready for it.

It was a long week, and I just found out that I get to take on even more responsibility at work. I guess if you are already drowning, what's two more feet of water? Glad they trust me with so much responsibility, but I'm a little nervous!

Last year was the first year I didn't take my Gram to the cemetery on Memorial Day weekend. We would always go and get red, white, & blue flowers for my gramps grave, and a little flag. We would stop at my mom & sister's grave and leave daisies & mums. We'd have ourselves a little cry and go have lunch. Me & my gram. I don't know how it ever started, like most traditions it just becomes something you do, again and again. It was something we did together. Seems wierd that now I will have to go by myself.

I am glad that my Gram is with Jesus. I am glad she's holding the babies that left their mom & dad's too early, probably in a rocking chair sitting with my Gramps, eating cold candy bars. I But there are things that run so deep and I miss her. God made it very apparent to me that He didn't want me to remember the rough times with her, the times when she wasn't so nice. I think of Pat, and how much she must struggle with her mom. I know it's hard. I hope that God puts great memories on her heart so she remembers the good things like traditions that were started by her mom, she carried on, and will be carried on well into the lives of daboyz and Sarah (with an H).

I'm looking forward to this weekend, spending time with family, hanging out with friends, working in the yard, cleaning house, and doing nothing. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?!

Comments

Pat said…
When I think of you, I think of the verse in Luke 12:48..."To whom much is given, of him will much be required".
You have been blessed with a larger then average capicity to taken on tasks - to love bigger - to feel compassion deeper. That is why you will be given more ~ because you are blessed and able to do it. It's an honor to know someone who God has place so much trust in to complete His work. I think that God has great plans for your life Margie - I can't wait to see them unfold as your faithfullness and hunger for God grows each day.
Have a restfull and sweet Memorial day!
Pat said…
OK, that was one more comment from me that has proven I really shouldn't try to write before I have that first cup of coffee. Please excuse all my grammatical and spelling mistakes on that first comment!
Now I MUST have coffee!