Who I am.


I make a living as an account manager, I am good at it, well, ok, I'm freaking awesome at it. I've made in EXTRA operating income 18 times my salary for the company and it's only May (wish I got a % of that). The job I have helps pay for the things we do, it makes it possible for trips for church for trips for school, but it's what I do, not who I am.

I asked yesterday to be pointed in the right direction. God works pretty quickly if you ask me. We went to a meeting for Phyllis's trip to New York, and she said "I missed Core Groups for this?" (Core groups is where kids 8th grade & up can go deeper at Metro). When I dropped her off I saw another mom, I was talking about a bunch of stuff about our girls, we shared some concerns and some things that we are so happy about. We talked for a long time, and to be honest, I needed to get to Kroger, and I kept thinking - I gotta go... but God's timing is so much better than mine. I put her mind at ease regarding a couple things. As we parted she said, "thanks Margie, I appreciate you". I almost cried.

I was in Kroger and got done shopping a lot quicker than I anticipated (God is sweet like that) and as I was standing in line this woman said "You can probably go to Express, you only have a few items over 15" and I said "no, that's ok, I've got to pick my girls up from church, and they like to hang out so I can take my time".... next question (her) "what church do you go to?" (me) "MetroSouth..." and the conversation went on, she told me about her Grandkids, 6 between 15 & 18 and I would have thought she had teenagers (she must be like Pat who started having kids at like 10). I told her about Metro, Alive, Fuel, and our "rocknroll" church. I asked her where she went "No where right now"... so I invited her to Metro, she loves music... Her name? Phyllis.

I instantly thought of Ms. O (Olivia) and what an inspiration she is to all of us. I thought how great God is, I don't know if she'll come, but I ran out to my car and got a Metro card (I have like 100 in my car for just such occasions) and gave it to Phyllis. I hope she comes. I'll be at the door this week.

So I bet you are wondering, who I am?

1. God's girl

2. A mom

3. A friend

4. A daughter

5. An Aunt

6. A cousin

8. An encourager

8. A woman covered in Grace

9. A forgiver

10. God's girl

John 6:35 (msg) Jesus said, "I am the Bread of Life. The person who aligns with me hungers no more and thirsts no more, ever. I have told you this explicitly because even though you have seen me in action, you don't really believe me. Every person the Father gives me eventually comes running to me. And once that person is with me, I hold on and don't let go. I came down from heaven not to follow my own whim but to accomplish the will of the One who sent me.

Comments

Pat said…
You're all that AND a bag of chips!
Just to set the record straight, I did not start having children at 10, I was just 3 months shy of 20 ~ it just seems like a zillion years ago!
As for Ms. O - she's an inspiration to me too!