Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. -Romans 12:2

I know I already posted today. Sorry, I am all behind and have all this going on in my heart, and believe it or not, putting it on here helps me sort it out. I know it's dumb but this is my journal and I don't keep one anywhere else.

Here's the deal I am wore out with people around me telling me I do too much for God. They don't say the "for God" part but since I don't do much outside of church and home, that's all there is.

Most of you didn't know me before. You didn't know the person I was, you certainly don't know all the choices I made, and you may never know, but someday you just might.

I have been growing a lot in the last 2-3 years. I've figured out where to use my gifts and what I like to use them doing. I sometimes feel like my calling is ever changing. Doesn't mean that I love the things I did before any less, it just means that I am continually growing.

I've had to almost turn a deaf ear to those who say that I do too much. I think that I can't do enough, I think I just don't have enough time. I think about all God has done for me, how Jesus got up on the cross for things i didn't even do yet, He loved me that much!! Yikes! how can I even think of putting myself before that?

I think of Phil 3:12-14 12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I'll be like the Energizer bunny for Jesus. I will stop when it's time for Him and only Him to recharge my batteries. I will be still, when He calls me to be still. And I'll run like crazy until He brings me home!

Comments

Elizabeth said…
i just love you!!
Mrs. Mac said…
I could use a little bit of that energizer bunny juice too! My lot has been more like Ebenezer (as in scrooge) ... the heat is taking a toll on my disposition and I don't like it.