I expected that there was going ot be something earth shattering that happened on a Mission Trip, you know like that big WHAM! but in serving God, there isn’t always a big WHAM! I know better, but I still expected it. Sometimes our job in the Kingdom is nothing like that. Sometiems we are just laborers whose job it is to just ‘do’.

I never look at myself as extraordinary, maybe extra-ordinary (you know like average) but not extraordinary. You know what I mean? Please don’t say that I am because that is not the point (you can tell me how great I am in another blog…lol…). I will probably never be a Pastor like the 3 J’s or Adam, I will never be a Worship Leader like Dean, Chad, Katie, Jon, Jim or Chris Tomlin. I probably won’t do something great like Grace Centers of Hope, but if God wants me to clean toilets, I’ll do it, if my job is to make my muscles big by making the biggest pot of oatmeal I have ever seen, I’m there.I guess I am ok with being an onion chopper, rummage sale worker, word doing person. I’m really sometimes thankful that God uses me all. I’m thankful that He loves me and LETS me do His work. I was talking to Katie & she compared the work we do to a little child who draws a picture for his/her mom and the mom smiles and puts it on the fridge. The mom could probably do a better picture and God, He can do ANYTHING, He doesn’t need us, but it’s great that He uses us. I think that God looks at what I do, and He smiles (at least I hope He does!)

I’ve learned a lot on the trip I just took. I’ve learned more about a God who gives 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 100th chances (and I am thankful for every one). I’ve learned more about Hope. I’ve learned more about the kids, and I’ve learned how important it is to pass on the gifts I’ve been given and to teach others, all of these things for the Glory of God.

Right now, I’ve got a lot on my heart. I kind of feel like I can see the path, more like I see the end of the path (not the end of my life, but the end of this leg of the path) but not the actual path. I feel like I need to be quiet for awhile at least take some rest in Him, hear His voice, time to spend more time in the Word. These are all going to take some rearranging of time, it’s going to take focus. I’m excited about new things, and I am excited about what God is going to do to me and through me, all for His Glory.

1 Sam 16:7 The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Lord, I am asking that You give peace to the families and friends of the Thailanders. Lord, the Thailanders are arriving today after a long journey please give them strength, team unity, and Lord, let the work they did to prepare for this trip stay with them for Your Glory. Open the hearts of all those around them. Lord, we love You, see our hearts Lord, and help us to do Your will. In Jesus' Mighty name, Amen.

Comments