Thankful for Grace


Phil 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

Someone sent me this in a text page this morning, my response: "was I acting like a jerk?" The answer was probably yes, but he was kind, and said no. Ha.

I was being a jerk, in my heart. It seems that just when I need it, God speaks through His word to me. Stop being a jerk, Margie. Yesterday I was at GGF (Grace Gospel Fellowship) to hear Pastor Clark speak, he talked about how Mother Teresa wondered if she did enough (he spoke of other awesome things as well). Did she do enough? Enough for what? Enough to make someone feel loved, that answer is probably yes. Did she do enough to "pay back" what Jesus did for her? No. Sorry. There is NOTHING we can do to make up that sacrifice. I know this, you know this, and she knew it too. She did and I do.

I am a crazy lover and worker for Jesus. I love it. I can't tell you how much I love doing something for God. I can't tell you how often I feel like the least of these, and how I know how blessed I am but I'll just keep on trucking for God anytime He calls. The thing I have to remember, is to stop sometimes, breathe Him in. I hate silence. I hate it. I love being busy. I love giving a blessing, hate taking one. I am so undeserving. But I sometimes have to remember that I need to stop, get recharged and keep on going, I'm no good if I am worn out.

I'm thankful for grace and ALL that comes with it, especially when I'm a jerk. And I feel like I've been a jerk a lot lately.

Eph 4:1-7 1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
7But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it

Comments

Sara said…
grace is especially graceful when one is a jerk. believe me, this i know. xos