True Healing


Most of my screw ups have been my fault, ok, all of my screw ups have been my fault. When I finally let go of the mistakes I made in order to move on... that's only when I could be truly healed. When I finally surrendered.

It has been like that with the death of my mother too. When I finally said, I'm doing this God because I honor YOUR decision to take my mom, to bring her home. Then and only then was I able to be truly healed.

I love at a place called Grace Centers of Hope. It's the greatest place in the world. Ok, maybe not to everyone, but I think it's pretty sweet the hope and healing they bring to those who are willing to give it all up, walk through the door, and say, "God, I'm Yours, take me, and mold me into what You want me to be, I can't do it on my own anymore".

I didn't just want to 'serve' there, I didn't just want to be another volunteer (though if you ask them, they will tell you that all their volunteers are a big part in what makes them successful with their program- God bring THE part that makes them successful - my words not theirs). I didn't just want to show up and make a salad or show up and help with the rummage sale, this is not acceptable to me, nor is it long lasting. I'd be like a hummingbird hopping from one thing to the next. I wanted those beautiful people to know that I may be there to serve, but it's about Jesus and love.

I heard of someone who may have stumbled. Not sure of the details, but one thing I am sure of is that God has a watchful eye on him. I know God is probably screaming his name "COME BACK TO ME!! COME BACK TO ME!! I LOVE YOU". No probably about it, I know He is.

The thing is that I can't seem to stop praying for him. I can't seem to get him out of my mind. I can't wait until he comes back, and God is waiting for him. Waiting to say, "I love you". I hope that one day this man can surrender and truly be healed by the love and the blood of Jesus.

The list of people who need healing is long. You know who they are. They are Yours.

Lord, there are so many people in my life that need healing. Physical and emotional. Lord, I ask that if necessary, You move the stripes around them today so that they can live in them. Lord, I ask that You take especially good care of Arlene, Lord, I ask You to heal her body and give her all the strength she needs to be well, in every way. Lord, I ask that You surround _____ with angels, Lord, Your heavenly angels on this earth, have them send him the message that You are calling him home, and there is a place for him in Your light. Lord, Your greatness is amazing to me. Lord, I am so undeserving of all You do, we all are, but Lord, we are so thankful that You love us so much. Lord, You know what everyone needs in order to get the healing we need, help us to surrender to You so that we have nothing left but to be healed by Your stripes. In Jesus' healing name, Amen.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Comments

Heather Smith said…
I don't know this man, but I will put him in my prayers. I don't know what I would do without God's healing, restoring power in my life!