Cookbooks


How does God speak to you? Yesterday He spoke to me in Cookbooks. Sounds pretty odd, but let's remember who we are talking about here... me... I'm the odd one, not Him.

I got a cookbook yesterday, you all know I love to cook. This wasn't just any ordinary cookbook, it was the ORIGINAL Betty Crocker Cookbook, I know it's amazing!!!! You have no idea how much I wanted this cookbook. My dad has one, and its tatered and some of the pages had to be laminated because it's the page that my dad uses for homemade rolls, and nut roll that he makes at Christmas. My new cookbook is in mint condition. I got it as a gift yesterday. I cannot even tell you how much the cookbook meant. It was given to me by someone who has come to mean so much to you, again I can't even tell you how much. This cookbook may look like an ordinary cookbook, but you know I love to cook for many occasions, grad parties, weddings, my love of cooking comes from long times spending with my gram and my dad cooking for holidays, and just everyday cooking. It almost sounds so stupid when I say it outloud but cooking is part of my ministry and somehow this reminds me how the steps God takes in our lives lead us to where He uses us. Even in cookbooks.

Comments

Sara said…
i feel the same way about old hymnals; i pick one up every time i can!
Mrs. Mac said…
I'd be excited too!
Pat said…
That's almost as exciting as going to a fabric warehouse!
Seriously - I love cookbooks and have a hard time not buying everyone I see.