I remember 9-11. The big day. We were scheduled to get on a plane on 9-16-07. I am not going to lie, I was scared, I was scared about everything. I believed in God, but I didn't believe Him. Does that make sense to anyone but me? A really good friend of mine, sent me this poem. She assured me that God, in all His wisdom, makes no mistake. This poem was written in 1932 and still continues to ring true today. And it always will.

HE MAKES NO MISTAKES
My Father's way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I'm glad to know,
He makes no mistakes.

My cherished plans may go astray,
My hopes may fade away,
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead,
For He doth know the way,
Though the night be dark and it may seem,
That day will never break,
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He makes no mistake.

There's so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight's far too dim,
But come what may, I'll simply trust,
And leave it all to Him,
For by and by the mist will lift,
And plain it all He'll make,
Through all the way, though dark to me,
He made not one mistake.

Author A.M. Overton (1932)
I've been singing this song all morning, it's by Hillsong United, though I can't imagine anyone singing it better than Katie
Lead me to the Cross
Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost
Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to YouLead me,
lead me to the cross
You were as I
Tempted and trialed
You areThe word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen
To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart
Biblegateway.com verse of the Day. I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.”- Psalm 121:1-2

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
incredible poem! and so appropriate to the days after 9/11..and of course still appropriate for today. He is God and He is Bigger than everything..He is compeltely in control no matter the pain in our lives or in the world. He prevails. thank you for sharing
Mrs. Mac said…
Great poem for today! Life in the U.S. in our generation can be remembered before 9/11 and post 9/11. What a horrific day ... "where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” AMEN
Pat said…
What a great poem...thanks!
Vikki said…
even here is Canada we will never forget that day. any one you talk to remembers where they were, what they were doing when they heard.

Fortunately we have a BIG GOD and don't need to be afraid

ps. I updated :)