New EXCITING stuff

Phyllis loves to sing. She's in Accapella Choir this year (9th grade) which is super cool! They have the opportunity to sing with the Austrian Phil Harmonica in VIENNA in 2009!!! How cool is that?! She's also singing with the Detroit Symphony Civic Orchestra, and many other engagements this year.

Can I tell you, nothing of this world makes me happier than seeing my daughter sing/perform. She lights up like a star on stage. I know she takes great pride in practicing, making sure everything is as it should be when she performs. She's come a long way from 7th grade choir. She truly has the best teacher who has the perfect combination of clear expectations, kicking their butts when needed, and love.

It's going to be an amazing year!!

Ok, I'm getting all teary.

Pray for Phyllis, she's had a bumpy start to high school. And we don't need to buy that calculator!!

Psalm 63:5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

Comments

KayMac said…
What an exciting time for your girl w/ such great opportunities. What a blessing that she is getting to use this special gift!

Will be praying for her and her wonderful momma!
Amber Land said…
I am so glad you didn't need that calculator. That is just asking too much. I think evryone has a bumpy start to high school, I know I sure did. I am sure she will adjust great and with a Mom like you there for her, she will be able to get Godly wisdom on how to make it through! She is blessed to have you!
Pat said…
Sing on!!
I wish I could sing....sigh.
Vikki said…
high school sucked. can I write that? man, I hated high school. but I turned out ok. and Phyllis will be ok too cause she has you to talk to about it and the choir to be proud of!