No quitting


There is no quitting in my household. I can tell you, one example would be the walk I am about to take. I will walk every mile, there will be no quitting. There is only two ways I am finishing the 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk, across the finish line or on a stretcher.

I don't quit. I just don't. Even when people tell me I should, even sometimes, when it's for my own good. Not quitting. I don't give up. It's some character flaw.

I belong the generation X, followed by the millenials. both generations, have been given way too much and expect that the world owes them something. The world doesn't owe you crap. I sometimes feel like I am an exception to the rule of my generation. I work hard, I take my responsibilities seriously. And I don't walk away.

Imagine if you will, where would you be if Jesus came down as an Xer or a millenial and said "You know, Dad, this is just way too much, I'm done, I'm out, find someone else".

Ugh.

I believe that we have two generations who need Jesus more than ever. We have kids and parents, and single people, and divorced people who need Jesus. They need all He is. They need a Savior, a Healer, a Redeemer, a Friend, a Father to show them a way that may not be easy, but every step with/in Him is worth taking.

My heart is breaking. But I'm healed.


Isaiah 53:5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

http://www.youtube.com/v/g9U92yxXmHk"> name="wmode" value="transparent">http://www.youtube.com/v/g9U92yxXmHk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

My Generation - Starfield
There is something more
hello, we're going down the hallway to the door
we know there's something more

Our soul has a got a hole
we know but what's it waiting for
scattered in the street
like dreams and destiny
the things we wanna be
are scattered in the streets

If we're coming clean
we've seen to know we're incomplete

Chorus:
How do we feel, how do we feel
my generation is aching for real
dyin for love cryin for truth
my generation is aching for you

Country of our own
is all we're asking for
a place to call our home
a country of our own
we know it must be close
our souls are searching through the cold
the cold, the cold

Chorus: x3
How do we feel, how do we feel
my generation is aching for real
dyin for love, cryin for truth
my generation is aching for you

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
You'll walk it...I know you will! yes, there are a lot of poeple out there who need Jesus...a lot
Mrs. Darling said…
Thanks for the comment. Sorry to hear you have cancer but glad to hear you aren't fighting the fight without a God bigger than it all.

Enjoy the walk.
Mrs. Darling said…
Well Im glad that its not you but sad that your mother had to walk that valley.

Sorry about the mistake.
Blessings.
Mrs. Mac said…
bring some bandaids for blisters. I liked this post, Margie
Sara said…
your heart has already walked this road a million times. now your body will follow and your spirit will lead. i'm excited for you!
Pat said…
Your going to WALK that race to the finish line - no doubt about it because your journey started long before the actual race. I'm giddy with anticipation and my inside voice is already cheering for you!!!