Prayer


Psalm 27:7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me

Quote of the day "I'm so thankful for a God that never gets tired of hearing from me". Normally I don't say too many profound things... but today, that was me.

Yesterday I went for a mammogram. It's a routine thing I have to do because of my mom. AND, IF YOU ARE DUE FOR ONE, AND YOU HAVEN'T GONE, GET GOING, I love you and expect for you to be around for a LONG LONG time! And early detection is your best chance of survival. Just imagine the things God can use you for His Glory. Get going.

I called at the last minute for my mammogram, got right in, on the day I wanted, and the time I wanted. hmmm.. think it was a coincidence, I don't think so, you know why?
Because as I was sitting in the changing room, in that sexy gown they give you, makes you want to run out to the red carpet, doesn't it.... There was a woman who just finished her ultrasound (usually only get those if they find something on the mammogram). They found something, she was waiting for the doctor. All alone. Tears welling up in her eyes. I'm sitting there. Praying for her in my head. Wondering, should I ask her if she wants prayer... You think it's easy, it's not, I am already pretty self conscience about praying out loud, what if she thinks I'm a moron because I don't pray well outloud. But I stepped out. I asked her, she said yes. Then in my head I'm thinking "please God, don't let me sound like an idiot". And I did, I prayed, I mean, I don't know what I sounded like, I hope I sounded like someone who loves God, loves that woman, I prayed for her healing, for the doctors and for hope and joy. Some woman named Phyllis (HA!) said that I sounded beautiful. Hopefully it helped her too. I think she was wearing a wig... made me think she had cancer too. I left just thankful that God could use me, and praying they don't find anything...

Last night was 1721, the worship gathering of churches downriver to worship our great God. It was amazing, we had over 350 kids, 31 churches. Get that 31! 31 DIFFERENT churches who put the "us vs. them" down, and remembered why we are here. Jesus Christ. That's why we're here. It was an amazing time, I can't put it to words but I will tell you that I couldn't sit down, God was moving big time!! I'm telling you, I must pray 1000 prayers for those kids, I just love them. I saw some kids from my 'old' church there, and they were as excited to see me, as i was to see them (and it completely overwhelmed me! They know how much I love them!!)

Today, I got a text page, a woman at the mission overdosed last night. She relapsed. ugh. I'm so sad. I am overwhelmed with sadness. Why did she relapse? I don't know why. Was she saved? I don't know, but I sure hope so. Drugs don't keep you from Jesus. If you know Him, you know Him. We've all relapsed. Every single one of us. maybe not on drugs but on our addictions. It makes me want to run up and hug each person there and just let them know how much I love them, and more importantly how much God loves them.

Tomorrow, I walk. I walk for so many things, for so many people. I walk each step to send satan back to hell where he belongs, he can take his cancer, his drugs, his hate, and all the other crappy stuff he brings to this world. This is a world that needs God, and one step at a time, I will do everything I can for the Glory of God. Because I'm thankful for a God who never grows weary. For a living, and mighty God. For a loving God. One who loves you, and love me.

Lord, I don't have the words today. You know my heart. Heal those who need it. Send Your love down. Bind satan in chains that don't break. Remind us God, in the little things, in the big things, how much You love us. Lord, I love You, please keep using me Lord. In Your Son's Mighty, Healing, Loving name. AMEN!

2 Corin 1:10-11 10He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, 11as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our[a] behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.



Solution - Hillsong United

It is not a human right
To stare not fight
While broken nations dream
Open up our eyes, so blind
That we might find
The Mercy for the need

Singin Hey Now
Fill our hearts with your compassion
Hey Now
As we hold to our confession
Yeah

It is not too far a cry
To much to try
To help the least of these
Politics will not decide
If we should rise
And be your hands and feet

Singing Hey Now
Fill our hearts with your compassion
Hey Now
As we hold to our confession

Woah-oh-oh,
God be the solution
Woah-oh-oh
We will be Your hands and be Your feet.
Yeah, yeah

Higher than a circumstance
Your promise stands
Your love for all to see
Higher than protest line and dollar signs
Your love is all we need

Only you can mend the broken heart
And cause the blind to see
Erase complete the sinners past
And set the captives free
Only you can take the widows cry
And cause her heart to sing
Be a father to the fatherless
Our savior and our king
We will be your hands, we will be your feet
We will run this race
On the darkest place, we will be your light
We will be your light

We will be your hands , we will be your feet
We will run this race for the least of these
In the darkest place, we will be your light
We will be your light (we’ll say/sing?)

We will run we will run
We will (run with the solution?) (2x)

We will be your hands we will be your feet
We will run this race for the least of these
In the darkest place we will be your light
We will be your light

Comments

Louise said…
What a beautiful, timely post Margie. Your reminder to get a mammogram was directed to me...I've been putting that off but will call today & set up the appointment.
Bless you for being obedient to the promptings of the Lord to pray for that dear lady. God places us where we can be of use to others and bring glory to His Name. Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Mrs. Mac said…
I have my 'pink slip' to go get my mammogram ... so I guess I'll just be moseying along here and get to it. God can use his people even in lovely red carpet gowns ;) I'll be thinking about you this weekend and praying that you have super charged endurance!