Get out the way


Job 38:11 When I said, ‘This far you may come, but no farther, And here your proud waves must stop!’

This was my verse of the day yesterday.

I can't go much farther than God will ever let me go. Life isn't about me, even though I wish it was. There are parts of me that sometimes wish I could be the center of the universe. Even though I was an only child (technically I still am), even an only grandchild on both sides of my family for a long time, it's wierd, I've never felt like the center of the universe, loved, but not the center.

Maybe it's just who I am. I am the one who takes care of everyone, even at work, I always have stamps, gum, and ibuprofen. But without God, I'm going no where, fast.

I never thought I would own my own home. There came a point when I just thought, it's ok, we can live in an apartment. I didn't know how I would ever get the down payment... But God...

I never thought (or even knew) there was a job like I have and that I would ever be smart enough to do it... But God...

I serve a mighty big God. I serve a God that can meet my needs and wants whenever, and however He choses. Assuming I am going in the right direction, I can only go so far without His help. (Going in the wrong direction, I can go pretty far) There is not much I can do on my own. It's the wisdom that comes from Him that enables me to do my job. It's the love that comes from Him that spreads to others through me. There's a million things, that He does, that He gives me, that I certainly don't deserve, but I will gladly take to give Him glory!

It's not about me, it's about Him.

Psalm 136:12 with a mighty hand and outstretched arm; His love endures forever.

Comments

Amrita said…
Thanks for your comment Margie. Such an uplighting post you 've got here. I have another post on hindu festival...its pray/fast for husband and then worship him day for hindu women. Have a look
Pat said…
I love that verse in Job, to me it also means he puts boundaries on things that come against us- and that they can no further then he says they can. Things may come against us - but when God says they can go no further, because He loves us - they have to stop. He told the ocean it can go no further then the sand...His power is beyond our comprehension, and it is awesome!
KayMac said…
HE is amazing!