Love

I am doing a devotional this weekend for my scrapbooking retreat! I'm excited, I even made CDs for the women of some of my favorite songs. I don't really have anything to post today, and I was going to wait until Friday but...


Did you know you’re loved? More than you can imagine. In a world that people try to convince us that it’s full of hate, I think it’s full of love. We’re covered in grace and love. And as we come into the Christmas season. Let us be reminded in the simplest of scriptures:

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I loved you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Know I know that in your bible it says He knew you, but really, it’s not like “hey, do you know Cindy?” “yeah, she’s my CM lady”. No, it’s like He knew you, like really knew you, your eye color, hair color, the size of the freckle on your cheek, and in all that detail, He loved you.

And then a couple books later…

John 3:16 16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

We celebrate this Christmas season because we’re loved. That’s it. And as we’re doing the hustle and the bustle, stressed out because of all the stuff we have to do. Remember you’re loved. And no matter what happens to you, nothing can separate you from the love of God. Nothing.

Paul tells us in Romans 8:38-39 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[
a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I looked it up on biblegateway.com, love is mentioned 697 times in the bible in NIV. 697! Doesn’t that seem a lot? So shouldn’t we believe it?

There are times when I am just barely making it. And then God sends me some crazy sign about how much He loves me. Someone will send me an email.

When I was walking on the Breast Cancer walk, it was just so amazing how His love was never ending, and how in the little things He reminds me. When I was walking I was like “I need a diet pepsi, I have a headache and I didn’t have mine this morning”. And I kid you not, by the end of the block was this lady pulling up with a Trailblazer full of drinks, including… Diet Pepsi. As we were walking my friend Bonnie and I were talking about dessert. “I hope they have ice cream, I don’t care what kind”. And within 5 minutes we walked right into an ice cream shop. That’s how much God loves me, in the little things He shows me.

The reason I walked in the Breast Cancer walk? My mom died when I was 16 months old. I walked to bring honor to the decision that God brought my mom home. There was so much pain my life, until I finally said “it’s Yours, please take it” and here again, He loved me and took away all my pain.

God’s love covers our hurts, our pains, that are brought on by others, and self-inflicted by the choices we make.

He’d go to the ends of the earth to show us how much He loves us.

Matthew 18:10-14 10"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.[
a] 12"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.

He loves you so much that He’s trained people to come find you on His behalf. And then once we’re found, He tells us go find some more of My people. Don’t be nuts and scare them off, just love them as I’ve loved you.

Matthew 28:16-20 16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[
a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

I just want you to remember each day that His grace and love covers you. Whatever you are going through, whatever hurt is lingering around and you can’t seem to let it go, Jesus can take it all. It doesn’t have to be yours to carry any longer.

Matthew 11:29-30 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."


Here is a video of a skit for the song "Everything" by Lifehouse. Our kids did it at Alive, our costumes were a little different, but the rest was the same. It's about Jesus and how He saves us. The first part is the girl and Jesus, then lust, greed, peer pressure (drunkeness), envy, cutting, death. And then Jesus saves her. Everytime I watch it, I get all misty.



Find Me Here
Speak To Me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me
To the place where I find peace again.

You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul.
You are my purpose...you're everything.

How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

You calm the storms, and you give me rest.
You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.
You steal my heart, and you take my breath away.
Would you take me in? Take me deeper now?

How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

Cause you're all I want, You're all I need
You're everything,everything
You're all I want your all I need
You're everything, everything.
You're all I want you're all I need.
You're everything, everything
You're all I want you're all I need, you're everything, everything.

And How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

Comments