Weekend

I spent way too much time inside this weekend, but I spent so much time doing things I love I could not have asked for a better weekend.

We went out on the boat for dinner on Friday, last trip of the season. Went to Blocks to pick up a few things.

Saturday I needed to decide what to make for Arlene and Barry. So... I started planning out a few things, and before you knew it, my oven was going, tons of pots on the stove... it was nuts! I loved it!! Split a cake between Mac & Arlene & Barry.

I had to run into Walgreens, my cashier was this guy with this unbelievable mohawk. If I liked mohawk's I would have loved this guys hair! Nice guy though, "invite him to Metro". WHAT?! He's going to think I'm nuts, but I did. First I asked him how old he was, Axis age... I then asked him if he was a Christian. He said "I hate religion". Then I totally shocked him... "ME TOO!!... but I love Jesus." He looked at me like I just ate a bug in his presence. We talked for a little while, I told him to "just check it out". Why does that kind of crazy stuff happen to me? Hopefully he shows up... And then God shows up BIG in his heart :)

Satan was poking at me yesterday, I sucker punched him though... he's down for a minute but I think he'll be back, I'll have to give him the old one-two again... jerk...

Went to Michaels with Phyllis. Some cashier made the mistake of giving us a hard time. Big mistake. The thing is that I didn't ask her to do anything that was illegal, or immoral, or even fattening, but she just didn't want to provide good customer service. Which was a mistake because she ended up doing what I wanted... and she was frustrated, and Phyllis was happy. She needs to eat a bug.

Then... my evening at Alive was, as always, amazing. God shows up there big time. All the time. I don't think the kids know how much I love them, but I do! I prayed for hearts all over the place to be healed!!

I was walking out to Katie's car to put some food in it and a couple of parents stopped me and asked me "what this is all about?" Metro or Alive? both... so I gave them the run down, what we believe, all that good stuff. And then they said it... we used to go to _____. Then I totally called them out "why don't you go to church anymore?" People. Yeah, they ruin it for everyone (ha!), but you should come check out Metro on Sunday and I happened (one of the benefits to leading First 5) to have a program in my bible (that I was carrying) and hopefully God whispers quietly in their ear to come, and if not to Metro, somewhere where they can here His word.

I don't know about you, but doesn't it seem like God is showing up big, everywhere, and I'm thankful to be a part of it.

“I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed— I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God.”- Isaiah 43:11-12 (this was biblegateway.com verse of the day, how amazing is that!)

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
What a perfect weekend, Margie! I need a BIG boot in the butt to get back to church! My excuse is: I'm waiting for hubby to help me check out churches 'cuz I'm tired of having to make all the decisions around here. Nathan is not always nice when he's placed in with small children ... at our MEGA CHURCH ... (10,000) ... going there alone is overwhelming with five services and NEVER seeing the same people twice ... 99.9% of churches don't offer a place for special needs kids ... I have baby Jacob on Sunday mornings too ... do you see a pattern of defeat ... Maybe sara will let me borrow her cowgirl boots so I can bootkick the devil and pull myself up by her bootstraps ;)
Sara said…
you forgot calling my husband during our romantical weekend getaway! ha!
KayMac said…
whew, you are ONE busy girl. Hey, we all want to hear about your phone call to Sara's husband during their romantic weekend!!lol