Yo-Yo

No, not the greeting done by people who think they are too cool.


I am a yo-yo dieter, my weight has been up and down (mostly up) most of my life. My cousin called me yesterday, asking me where the new Taylor Weight Watchers is... I have all the connections, my dad's fiance works for WW. It's great because I can be at dinner "how many points is this?"



I did well over the summer, I lost about 20 pounds. My clothes were getting too big... Were. Now, I need to get back to it. I'm not going to go to meetings at this point (at least not this week) just tracking my food.



My cousin called me, almost like a wake up call. Get it back together. Stop stopping at McDonald's for breakfast, and running in for double cheeseburger because you haven't planned accordingly.



So... that means I need to start planning, I need to learn to say no to things I should eat. I am back on core. Started today. Packed my lunch. I feel better when I eat better, I don't know why I get away from it.



We have a busy life but it means that I need to plan. I need to say I'll do it now so I don't have to do it later. I'm going to start slow. Get my eating habits under control, then exercise. The holidays are coming and I need to have good eating habits so that when there are days of "eating bad" they are well balanced with days of eating like I'm supposed to.



I found this recipe, looks pretty yummy!! Add it to my recipe blog.



“Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.”- Proverbs 19:20-21

Comments

Pat said…
It's a new season and a new day to get back on track. At least that's how I look at it every morning!
That recipe looks yummy, what's the points?
Margie said…
I updated the recipe with points
KayMac said…
At my house, we started yesterday w/ the totally healthy eating. you are right...physically one does feel so much better!
Sara said…
i had a donut in a bowl for lunch
KayMac said…
sara, you crack me up!