Forgiveness


Phil 3:13-15 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. 15All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.

Sin has consequence. We may be forgiven but there is consequence to our sin. Sometimes it’s a quick slap to the wrist, and sometimes it’s a tidal wave in the path of destruction. Sometimes its quick and sometimes we see the affects of sin for years to come. Forgiven, yes, without consequence, no.

Yesterday someone that I don’t know very well, got up in front of a large group of people and asked for forgiveness. The multitude of destruction from this person’s sin was great. A lot of people hurt. I’m just saying, I’m not judging.

I have done my own sinning that has left those around me damaged. So trust me, I understand sin/consequence. Every risk has a consequence. I believe that, I’ve raised my daughter to know that.

I could say that I easily forgive. But I’d be lying. I could say that I don’t judge. I’d also be lying. I do my best to remember that I will be judged like I judge. I also try to remember that in my wakes of destruction I would hope to be forgiven, because I am sorry.

There is an enemy out there, it’s not always satan, sometimes it’s me. Sometimes it’s my sinful nature that has nothing to do with anyone but me. It’s when my own nature pulls me away from God, and I don’t use my heart and stay focused on the prize, that’s when I am in the most trouble.

I’m no expert, all I know is that I love God. But I also know that should I take my eye off Him for one minute, as my gramma would say, I’m in “a heap of trouble”. I gotta keep my eye on that prize.

Matthew 11:24-25 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

Comments

Heather Smith said…
Keeping our eyes on Him is definitely the key. Because glancing away just temporarily is enough to get us into a world of trouble. And dealing with consequences that are tough. But with God's help, those consequences can make us stronger if we allow them to!
Becky said…
that was great!