Healed

Her name is Kathy. Kathy Addison. She was my best friend Erica’s mom.

Today Kathy finds out whether or not she has breast cancer. I am sitting at my desk, and I want to cry. I love Kathy. I can’t tell you how many meals she cooked me, she is the reason why I love English muffins with both margarine and cream cheese. Yum.

Kathy also has the best laugh.

I didn’t have a mom. Kathy was kind of my substitute mom. She nagged on me just like I was one of her own. I went to Erica’s gramma’s house a lot, it was Kathy’s mom.

Kathy was and still is beautiful. Beautiful.

I can tell you so many memories about Kathy. I remember she was dating Roman, who we called Taco because we didn’t like him. I remember watching a movie where the woman was beat up by her boyfriend, I remember telling “taco” if he ever did that to Kathy, I would kill him myself, I was in 7th grade, I loved her.

I find my heart breaking at just the thought of what Kathy will go through if she has cancer. But at the same time I can feel my heart being healed by a God who can take care of it all. Who can heal her, and love her when she needs it most.

I didn’t walk for nothin’. Each step was a step against cancer and satan.
STOMP! STOMP!! STOMP!!!

Lord, I am asking You, begging You to take care of Kathy, Lord. Please take away this rechid cancer. Lord, healer. Her body and her heart. Lord, I ask that You give the doctors wisdom for her care, I ask that You give Erica peace. I ask that You give the family discernment, but mostly Lord, be with them. Lord, wrap Your arms around them. In Your Son’s Mighty, Healing, Loving Name. AMEN!

Isaiah 53:5 5 But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.



*********Updated Kathy does not have cancer!! God is good!! SO GOOD!!

Comments

Trish said…
Lord, I pray for Kathy, Erica and Margie. Give them sweet peace, your peace.
STOMP!
Sara said…
praying, agreeing and STOMPING!