Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Healed

Her name is Kathy. Kathy Addison. She was my best friend Erica’s mom.

Today Kathy finds out whether or not she has breast cancer. I am sitting at my desk, and I want to cry. I love Kathy. I can’t tell you how many meals she cooked me, she is the reason why I love English muffins with both margarine and cream cheese. Yum.

Kathy also has the best laugh.

I didn’t have a mom. Kathy was kind of my substitute mom. She nagged on me just like I was one of her own. I went to Erica’s gramma’s house a lot, it was Kathy’s mom.

Kathy was and still is beautiful. Beautiful.

I can tell you so many memories about Kathy. I remember she was dating Roman, who we called Taco because we didn’t like him. I remember watching a movie where the woman was beat up by her boyfriend, I remember telling “taco” if he ever did that to Kathy, I would kill him myself, I was in 7th grade, I loved her.

I find my heart breaking at just the thought of what Kathy will go through if she has cancer. But at the same time I can feel my heart being healed by a God who can take care of it all. Who can heal her, and love her when she needs it most.

I didn’t walk for nothin’. Each step was a step against cancer and satan.
STOMP! STOMP!! STOMP!!!

Lord, I am asking You, begging You to take care of Kathy, Lord. Please take away this rechid cancer. Lord, healer. Her body and her heart. Lord, I ask that You give the doctors wisdom for her care, I ask that You give Erica peace. I ask that You give the family discernment, but mostly Lord, be with them. Lord, wrap Your arms around them. In Your Son’s Mighty, Healing, Loving Name. AMEN!

Isaiah 53:5 5 But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.



*********Updated Kathy does not have cancer!! God is good!! SO GOOD!!

2 comments:

Trish said...

Lord, I pray for Kathy, Erica and Margie. Give them sweet peace, your peace.
STOMP!

Sara said...

praying, agreeing and STOMPING!