Rug


I feel like the rug got pulled right out from underneath me. You know, like the cartoons.

I was so excited about this new opportunity I had in the works. Excited isn't even the word. I about peed my pants I was so excited. I told people this was surely ordained by God. Only to get the news today that the opportunity no longer exists.

Devastated.

I cried, I called my dad because that's what I do. I call my dad. He surely didn't have the reaction I thought he'd have, I think he even yelled at me. But eventually realized that I didn't do anything wrong.

This "missed" opportunity is either going to come at another time or it wasn't in God's plans after all.

I may be disappointed but I know. God has got it all. His plans, His timing, and His love is way better than mine. I stand here (well, I'm sitting here) as a woman who walks by faith not by sight. And whatever it is, I trust in Him.

God, I can't tell You that I'm not disappointed, I can't tell You I'm not mad because I am both of those things. But Lord, I trust You with all that I am. I trust that there are times in our lives when we think it's You, and it's not, and there are times its You and You are protecting us. So Lord, I love You and I trust You. In Your Son's mighty Name, AMEN!

Isaiah 8:17 I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob. I will put my trust in him


A thousand times I've failed
Still Your mercy remains And should I stumble again
I'm caught in Your grace
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself
In bringing You praise
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

In my heart and my soul
Lord I give You control
Consume me from the inside out
Lord let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love you from the inside out

Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out

Comments

Trish said…
Dear Girl... Know that everything is in God's perfect timing. You are always so exuberant about everything in your life!
Waiting has got to be hard for someone with your zest for life,
just wait...and wait... I promise, it will come to pass, in God's timing!!
Pat said…
I know exactaly how you feel. We express it,(some more strongly then others) ;) - we move on and we get over it. Then when it's God perfect timing and plan...it happens, and not a moment before. Nothing is better then living in the will of God, as you well know.
KayMac said…
i am sorry margie. but i see you are putting your trust in the only place to trust. sigh. waiting is hard to, but i just said the other to some friends..that God transforms us in the waiting and it is fruitful.