Silly Putty

When I was a kid, I always wanted Silly Putty. Never got any, but I am not sure that I ever asked, I just wanted it. I was fascinated that this crazy stuff could pick up the print off newspaper or stretch. It could be molded into different shapes, take the shapes of different objects. It was SO COOL!

I was thinking about how when people become new Christians that their lives are going to be perfect, like accepting Jesus in your life and living His ways instantly makes everything "happily ever after". To be honest, I wish it were like that, but it's not.

2 Corin 5:17 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

I've struggled probably more in the last 3 years with stuff than I ever struggled with it before, not because it's harder but because I'm like silly putty, and I have got to be stretched in order to pick up those great traits of Jesus.

I struggle because I don't like the choices I made before, embarrassed of them isn't necessarily the right word, but disappointed. I struggle because even now, I sometimes still make the wrong decisions. I struggle because issues of my past come creeping out like green slime and my soul can't wait to rid of them so it can live the life that it wants to lead because my soul is filled with the Love of Christ.

But I know that in all that stretching, with all the green slime, with all the tears, God is making more of Him in me, and less of me in me. And that's a good thing. Doesn't mean that I like to struggle, but the journey is indescrible, and the End certainly justifies the means.

2 Corin 5:17 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

This one of my favorite songs. Sometimes God plays it for me when I need it most. To remind me that I am His.



The day is brighter here with You
The night is lighter than its hue
Would lead me to believe
Which leads me to believe

(chorus)
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
And I am Yours
What does that make me?

My eyes are small but they have seen
the beauty of enormous things
Which leads me to believe
there's light enough to see that

(chorus)
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
And I am Yours

From glory to glory
You are glorious You are glorious
From glory to glory
You are glorious. You are glorious
Which leads me to believe
why I can believe that

You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
And I am Yours
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
And I am Yours

From glory to glory From glory to glory
You are glorious. You are glorious.
You are glorious. You are glorious.

Comments

Louise said…
Dear Margie, I had Silly Putty many years ago. Not that it was 'mine', but by younger siblings had it, thus I did too.
And you are right, it is cool stuff.

And just as that substance is pulled and stretched, so will we be pulled and stretched and formed into something we were not. Life does that to us, but we must see our Father's hand in all of it. Even the mistakes we'd rather forget; the choices we struggle with now ...He knows all and loves us because .. He loves us.

One key to knowing you're His and He is yours IS the struggle! He never lets go and never leaves alone those who are His. What a blessed people we are to call Him Father and have Him answer, "Yes, child".

God will grow us 'til it's time to go Home. He completes what He begins and He knows the beginning and the end of us. His mercy is greater than we can comprehend and His love stronger than any bond on this earth.

Bless you child.