There's no doubt about love


I feel like I have a lot to blog about today, a big entry in 'my journal' today. I haven't blogged since Friday, so I can, plus it's my blog. If you don't like it, you can click that little X in the corner, but stay if you'd like to see God's love unravel in my life.

I spent the weekend with 'my new family'. We went to Aunt Janice & Uncle Vinnie's to celebrate Thanksgiving, do some Black Friday shopping, and just relax. The 'Christmas Elf' came to deliver so pre-Christmas presents, he (or she, I think it's a girl elf, boys don't think that far ahead), that elf even brought something for Phyllis.

And as I think about this weekend, I think about my new Aunt Janice. Have you ever known someone who just loves. LOVES, LOVES, LOVES? That's Aunt Janice. I'm quite sure that everyone needs an Aunt Janice, even if she doesn't show up in your life until you are 34. Holy Cats, this woman is wonderful, an amazing love.

There's no doubt in my mind how much God loves me, though sometimes its revealed in bigger ways than I expect. Or maybe I just see it a lot cleared now.

My dad is getting married on Saturday, and yes, it's a good thing, it's a great thing, it's a God thing. I can't even tell you how much I love the woman who he is marrying, her name is Cheryl. You think that all that healing came right before my dad got married is a coincidence? Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous. Except there was no anonymity here, I am well aware of who was behind the letting go of my pain that I carried around for a really long time. I am well aware of how God orchestrated the whole God and Cheryl thing, and all that lead up to it. I am well aware that I have a God who loves me and that it is utterly amazing to feel Him in every minute of every day, and when I'm not paying attention to Him, He's still there, taking care of me. I'm excited.


Yesterday was Sunday, that means it was a church day. That also means a busy day. But a day that God used to say, just let Me lead you, I promise, I will take care of it all. The message in yesterday's sermon by Jeremy was right on time. And a day spent with my dad's family was fun, and filling. And then off to Alive. I was talking to another leader who was struggling with something, and she said "you don't understand" but I do understand. I've been where she is, I know how her heart is aching, and I think I said 1000 prayers on her behalf, ok, maybe not 1000 but it was a whole lot!! But as I was praying, I remember my dad, my mom, and Cheryl, and my pain that is replaced by love, and I remembered, His timing is always right on time. And I worshipped like crazy last night. My arms were so far up, I think I could have touched God, I know He touched me.

I think this weekend was just full full full of God's love. Or maybe my life always has been, I am just recognizing it now.

Thanks be to God.

Jer 31:3 The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
Hi Margie, Just dropping by to say hi. Congrats to your dad and his soon to be wife. Life goes on doesn't it! ... Hope you have a great week.
Louise said…
It is amazing to our souls when we see how awesomely good our Father is ... when He allows us to go just a bit deeper in Him ... to know a bit better His love for us ... to understand Him in a way we've not experienced before. Just wait dear child, He has nothing but good ahead for you and will walk with You through each second of each day He gives.

Bless you Margie!
KayMac said…
Loved this post. Love the people that God is filling your life with...to love and to be loved by! Save some room, will ya?!! <3