Well... what does that tell you?


I was talking to a good friend last night and I was telling him about the great time I had on Friday. I got to fully engage in worship. Like FULLY, all out, look like a dork, worship. I try to live a life of worship, one that God would say "I'm glad she's Mine, I've taught her well, in spite of her". I connect with God on a daily basis, but when it comes to engaging in worship, I rarely get to really let go.

Friday was different though, there was no serving for me. None. I was graced with tickets to the Tammy Trent concert (thank you Vikki), and then the Alive band was playing at the Modern. I am sure that if my daughter would have caught glimpse of me, she would have said one of two things, "oh, God, my mom is a nut case" or she would have said "look there's my mom, she loves Jesus". I hope it was the 2nd but I don't think she saw me. I sang to God. Loud and Proud, we had feelings between us, He filled me up.

That doesn't happen to me too often. During 'service' at Metro, I constantly have my mind on First Five, during Alive and Fuel, I usually do words or check in. I always have something to preoccupy me. And usually that's ok, but sometimes I just need to let go. And it was amazing.

This good friend, we'll call him Kevin, Kevin says "doesn't that tell you something?" I said, "yeah, that's why I visit other churches, to be annonymous, to get connected." "No, like you do too much". Ugh. I hate that. Sometimes I do think I do too much. But then I remember that I have felt called to do all the things I do. So my question is always, what could I give up? Greeting? No. Alive or Fuel? Praying? No... So I just have to adapt. And I am ok with that. And maybe some day something will have to give because I will have a husband and more children, and something may have to change.

I think I am exactly where I am supposed to be.

Ecc 3:1-14

1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

9 What does the worker gain from his toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
My Gram had one of those bird clocks, this is our first Thanksgiving without her.

Comments