The day after

Today is the day after Christmas. It's been a week (ok a month) of training for Christmas which really means the only stretching I've been doing is my stomach and my pants.

It was probably the best Christmas I've had in a long long time. It wasn't about presents (though I got some great ones!) it was about remembering Jesus throughout the whole season, it was about receiving these crazy blessings all around me, it was was about watching other people receive blessings all around me, it was amazing, God sure loves us, doesn't He?

So the real after math of Christmas isn't all the gifts I have to return, it's starting back on my diet. It's about getting serious and being focused, and throwing out cookies. I'm not going to wait until New Years. I'm starting (again!) today.

I say every time I can do it this time, and this time will be it. I will get back on track and I will reach my goal, because I need to. And with God's help, I'll make it.

Gal 3:3 3Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?

Comments

Trish said…
Great Scripture... Go margie!
You cna do it!!!
Trish said…
Excuse the spelling... I have the flu... brain's in a fog!
Terry said…
Merry Christmas Margie.
Two weeks ago I lost a lot of my favourite links so when I just saw you at Mrs Mac's even though it is a day late I came to wish you Happy Holidays and a blessed New Year and now I am going to put you BACK on my favourite links.
There are just a half dozen more or so that I have to find...Love Terry
Pat said…
That is the best diet verse! I may just have to put that up on the refrigerator!
You can do it - and hopefully, so can I!
Becky said…
love you!