on being fat...


If I hear one more time "you're not fat" I think I am going to scream. Let me just tell you, you're not fooling anyone, especially not me. I am fat, and I think by medical standards, I might even be the 'O' word, and I am not talking about that 'O' word we love, I mean the word OBESE!

I don't care if you tell me that you love me, I am fat, and you would think that someone who is so bothered by being fat would do something about it. I do, and then I stop, and then I do it, and then I don't.... and over and over the cycle goes. And I hate myself a little more each time I fall off the weight watcher's bandwagon. It's not their program that doesn't work, it's me. It's all me. I'm a great starter but not such a good finisher. that's why I am glad God does a work in me, and He won't stop until He's finished.

There are 4 of us that started today. It's a lot of work. Planning for every meal, every snack, even the ones you might not eat, but just in case, because no one likes to be hungry, especially not me. But I think it's worth it. I think I have hit the wall of being sick of myself.

2 Corin 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Comments

Elizabeth said…
that's the point i had to reach before it finally stuck, and it is still hard to stick with it!! but as i sit here now after stopping myself at 60 minutes on the treadmill, i feel good. but it is an everyday journey girlfriend! you can do it though...we have God's help in this, but we still have to apply the effort :-) love you!!
Mrs. Mac said…
Margie ... I think the problem is with your blog photo ... it's out of proportion and makes you look a bit stretched sideways (lol) ... now go in and put up a skinny version to inspire you each day. And you can skip all the measuring rules ... just eat off a salad plate or cut your portions in half ... works like a gem ;) ... I have writer's block and can't think of anything to write about, imagine ;)