Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Wednesday, December 05, 2007

overcome


There are days when I am just overcome. Overcome by a lot of things.

Sometimes its depression or sadness, and sometimes I am overcome with anger, and sometimes I am overwhelmed with love and greatfulness.

Today I am overcome with greatfulness. I stand (or sit or type, whatever) before you thinking to myself how God has blessed me today. I wrote on that post it note "please God" that's it I tell you. And today, answered prayers. Overcoming with a God who handled it all. Who handles it all.

You have may have some idea how hard it was to watch your baby in pain, to have a doctor tell you "it might be menengitis but we won't do a spinal tap until it's absolutely necessary". I can tell you that those years back, I wouldn't say that I look at them fondly, but I look at them with a greatful heart "I've come a long way baby" but I really didn't do much, God did all of it.

One time Phyllis was "in a flare" and my dad got a viral infection in his blood, the lining of his brain swelled and he was in the hospital for a week. I seriously thought I was going to be on "funny floor" in a straight jacket.

I think how I didn't quite grasp the amazingness of God. How I certainly didn't follow Him, and a few times He may have even felt slapped in the face. And I think now how great He is and how I adore Him. And I am sorry I didn't see Him sooner.

And I am overcome with love, I have been overcome by Jesus.

John 16:33 33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

1 comment:

Sara said...

He adores you. and happy dec 4 to phyl! satan is such a jerk.