Surface Development

There's a good chance that if you know me (or you think you know me) you like me. Not to be a jerk, but I was born a sales person. Maybe not born a sales person, but I certainly have developed the personality of a sales person over the years, probably out of survival. I hate to admit it, but I have.

Have you ever seen a brick wall? They typically don't make them ugly to the outside world, but there is a reason for a brick wall. To keep something in or keep something out. Have you ever seen my smile? While I may not think I am the most beautiful thing to look at, I gotta smile that will make you smile. It's my brick wall. That smile will keep you back, thinking everything is a-ok and you won't try to go past the surface. Those of you who know me, and know the truth about me (before this post) already know this. "How are you?" "FANTASTIC" Sign #1 that everything is not ok, but most won't go past that, and if you do, I'll think of some great thing happening in my life (which there are tons because I am blessed by God) to tell you, you'll walk away, and I'll be glad you did.

Reading this book I am reading "Captivating" I'm learning more about myself and why I am the way I am and really how I wound up this way. It's pretty crazy. No its amazing. AMAZING.

I live a loud, loving life, but I feel like it's time to turn down the volume, I must give something up. 4 things, if I could just let go of one. BUT (yes, that's a mighty big but) I can give you a reason why I don't want to or rather "I can't". I can, I just don't want to. Living a busy life keeps you from confronting that fact that you are lonely or gives you the excuse not to work on something. It does, I'm an expert. I do that. I've learned that lesson, and it's time to take that life lesson and do more with it then learn it, it's time to put it into action.

I need to get past this surface living, this 'not trusting' thing, I need to get past the "we need to get together but I don't have time" or (you can fill in the blank) but I don't have time. I don't think it's God who keeps me busy, actually I know it's not God. I think it's me who is afraid to be hurt and disappointed.

It's time to stop living a life on the surface, and to trust.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Comments

Pat said…
Busy....hmmm, seems I've used that word a few too many times myself.
Great post.
Mrs. Mac said…
Hi Margie, I tried to post yesterday about your love of meaningful Christmas songs ... but my blogger connection is sometimes so s.l.o.w. that I gave up. My dear MIL gave me her old vinyl Christmas records of choirs, bells, Perry Como, etc., etc. Beautiful narrated stories of the birth of Christ ... too. I'm with you on the canned Santa music (Santa Baby, et. all.)

About today's post ... you do tend to take on many 'things to do' and spread yourself a bit thin ... how nice of the Lord to have you dig deeper than the surface stuff ;)

I have found that a person can actually have a fulfilled life serving God right from their home if that's where God has placed them.
Louise said…
Our Father will let us fill our calendars to the brim and He'll also let us run into a few brick walls when we persist on doing things 'our' way. He's allowed me to literally work myself into a sick bed a few times in order to teach me the necessity of slowing down and listening to Him. He is more precious than silver and more costly than gold and He waits for us to come to His arms and rest.

How hard-headed we humans can be! But He loves us in spite of us.